Monday, August 27, 2012

James Madison - Federalist

Who are you? How old are you in 1787? I James Madison am 36 years old.
Are you federalist or anti-federalist?  I am federalist.
What is your personal history up to 1787? I was born on March 16,1751 in Port Conway, Virginia. My father, Colonel James Madison Sr., born March 27, 1723 died February 27, 1801 was the owner of a tobacco plantation called Montpelier in Orange County, Virginia. I had eleven siblings five of which died in infancy or childhood.
What was your role in the Constitutional Convention? I promoted the Freedom of Religion.
What stated views would explain your actions during the Constitutional Convention? "All men having power should be mistrusted"
What is your stance during the ratifying conventions? Who supported your viewpoint? I am for it and George Washington supported me.
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment